Close Panel

Something to Read:

Sun Chips Compostable Bag Too Noisy

Sunday, April 11, 2010
Print This Article Print This Article | Email This Article Email This Article

I am all for “green” products.  Heck I think they are the way to go, if at all possible.  That’s why I bought the Sun Chips 100% Compostable bag.  The chips are flipping awesome (nobody is paying me to say that, by the way), and getting them in a green bag was just another benefit.  The problem is that it is nearly impossible for me to snack without drawing the attention of my wife and kids.  How the heck can I enjoy a small illicit between-meal snack when they can hear the bag being opened all over the house?

If you’ve opened one of these bags, surely you know what I mean.  The sound is quite unique and very loud.  I need a hearing aid now because of this bag.    Frito Lay has an awesome idea but needs to work a bit on the packaging.

No related posts.

Kevin

Written by: Kevin

This entry was posted on Sunday, April 11th, 2010. You can follow any responses to this entry through the Comments RSS 2.0 feed.

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

14 Responses to “Sun Chips Compostable Bag Too Noisy”

1. JoeBob says:

April 12th, 2010 at 5:48 am

I agree!  Way too loud.  Chips are tasty, tho.

2. maizie says:

May 11th, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Here’s a reply when I emailed Frito Lay about the noisy bag. And I did say I wouldn’t buy them since they are too annoying. They are going to send me a coupon, any way, my reply to that was if the bag wasn’t so loud maybe Kim would have heard I wasn’t buying them any more. I think her reasoning is pretty weird:
    Thank you for contacting Frito-Lay about our new SunChips package. I’m mailing you a coupon which should arrive in about a week.

We are breaking new ground with packaging made from renewable plant-based materials. It’s designed to fully decompose in about 14 weeks when placed in a hot, active compost bin or pile.

Yes, it is noisier than our current packaging. We like to think of the noise as “the sound of sustainability.” You eat the chips, the earth eats the bag and we all live in a cleaner world. For more information about the compostable package and our healthier planet initiatives, please visit http://www.sunchips.com.

Your comments are important and please know they will be shared with our packaging and marketing teams. We consider you a valued consumer and hope you will continue to enjoy snacks from Frito-Lay.

Best regards,

Kim
    Frito-Lay Consumer Affairs
    011017947A

3. Liz says:

May 14th, 2010 at 11:54 am

lol,Maizie

I refuse to buy another noisy bag of Sunchips, soooo annoying!! It also scared the crap out of my 3 month old?

Sorry Frito Lay

4. Annette Redman says:

May 17th, 2010 at 6:17 pm

I’m going to measure the noise with a sound level meter at 3 feet from the bag. I’ll let you know what I find out. Perhaps they could include a bag of soft earplugs inside of their noisy bag, you know like a special treat inside each bag!!

5. Jim says:

May 20th, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Your commitment to the planet is underwhelming! We are doomed if no one can put up with a small inconvenience to make a positive change. Take a look at the Great Pacific Garbage Patch while you munch chips from your non-compotable bags.

6. darnel nigbligmits says:

May 28th, 2010 at 9:11 pm

why not put it in a BOwwwl and eat it out da theRe derrrrrr

7. Michael says:

August 5th, 2010 at 1:18 am

SO NOISYYYY

8. Sheryl says:

August 18th, 2010 at 1:03 pm

I opened this bag for a few chips yesterday and my dog flew out of the kitchen. This dog can’t stand noises but never in a million years did I think a Chip bag would send him out of the room.

9. Jx says:

August 24th, 2010 at 9:51 am

If the noise bothers you so much, dump them into a reusable tupperware container or something. That would be quieter than ANY bag of chips if you’re trying to scarf a few on the sly – probably keep them fresher too.

I will buy an extra bag of Sun Chips tonight at the store to make up for one that you’re not buying anymore. Kudos to them for trying to do a little more to help the environment.

10. Mr. Greenwise says:

January 16th, 2011 at 12:48 am

It’s people like everyone that’s complaining here that are going to be the cause for our inevitable demise as a species and the destruction of our planet!  Are you serious?  Is everyone here really bitching about the noise of a friggin bag?  KUDOS to Frito Lay for actually trying to do something notable to improve the sustainability of our planet instead of just contributing to the waist size of all you imbeciles!!! The lot of you are the intellectual equivalent of dog poo.

11. SunChips Compostable Bag: Year in Review « This Never Happened says:

March 22nd, 2011 at 8:31 pm

[...] year Frito-Lay started putting their SunChips in a compostable bag.  The bag was very loud.  It was so loud that it quickly replaced the vuvuzela as the most annoying sports noise [...]

12. Hawk says:

May 17th, 2011 at 10:26 am

13. morgan dollar says:

November 23rd, 2011 at 12:24 pm

morgan dollar…

[...]Geekscribe» Sun Chips Compostable Bag Too Noisy[...]…

14. quickest way to lose belly fat says:

May 10th, 2012 at 3:03 am

Help yourself, and Heaven will help you….

Here lies my wife: here let her lie! Now she”s at rest, and so am I….

Comments

Got somthing to say?

toolbar powered by www.iconcy.com