Based on Games Workshop’s epic and longstanding tabletop fantasy war game, WAR is a unique MMORPG that features revolutionary Realm vs. Realm (RvR) gameplay that will immerse players in a world of perpetual conflict for years to come. WAR has been recognized for its unique play style that appeals to novice MMO players while offering incredible depth for more seasoned players.
Consumer demand for WAR is mounting with all units of the game’s Collector’s Edition having been pre-sold in North America
Fans looking forward to laying siege to their enemy’s capital city will have several pricing options available, beginning with a $14.99 monthly subscription. Additionally, collectible 30 and 60 day prepaid Game Time Cards will be available at many game retailers. WAR subscription options include:
- Monthly Subscription: $14.99 USD
- 3-Month Subscription: $41.97 ($13.99 per month)
- 6-Month Subscription: $77.94 ($12.99 per month)
So if the game is something you are serioulsy considering becoming a part of, you will save more money is you purchase the larger susbcritptions.
Players can also now pre-order their copy of WAR to secure their spots on the frontlines with a special pre-order package that includes:
- Open beta admission: Pre-order customers can experience the glory of battle and the thrill of WAR by participating in the open beta test.
- Head Start program: Players can begin their adventures in the Age of Reckoning before the game’s official launch.
- Bonus in-game items: Players can equip their characters with two bonus in-game items by pre-ordering from select retail partners.
- Universal Fighting System Battle Deck: The Emperor Karl Franz and Tchar’zanek, dread Champion of Tzeentch, go head-to-head in this exclusive collectible card game from Fantasy Flight Games. (Available in a limited supply from select retailers.)
- Participating pre-order partners include Amazon.com, Best Buy, Circuit City, Direct2Drive, EAStore.com, EB Canada, EB Games, Fry’s, Futureshop, GameCrazy, GameStop, GoGamer.com, and Walmart.com. (Pre-order offers will vary by retailer.) The European pre-order program is scheduled to begin in late August. For more information about the North American pre-order program click here
WAR will be the first MMORPG to launch servers simultaneously in North America, Europe, and Oceania when it goes live on September 18t. For more information, visit the offical website.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 6th, 2008. You can follow any responses to this entry through the Comments RSS 2.0 feed.