Kane & Lynch: Dead Men is a game that is very similar to the Hitman franchise of game. The story follows two men on their violent path of doing either good or evil. Kane is a flawed mercenary dealing with deep personal issues and Lynch is a medicated psychopath. Together they partner up to deliver what should be a very intense and rich gaming experience.
You’ll get into an emotionally intense crime drama that has action at every twist and turn. I’ve seen the trailers with completely fluid high-def graphics and highly destructible environments. The immense crowd in Hitman: Blood Money the Mardi Graw mission was simply stunning when I first played it. I was completely blown away by it. The massive crowd AI in this game surpasses that even.
The dialogue between the men is very gritty and rich, but definatly not for children. There is single, co-op and squad-based combat as well as online game play. Features include:
- the men hate the other, but must work together to resolve the storyline
- violence in realistic environments, crowds freak out and react when the guns blaze
- the nightclubs look amazing and yet become frenzied during combat
- rappel from buildings, fire on the run or from moving vehicles, launch surprise attacks, lay down cover fire, shoot from around corners, hurl various grenade types
- lead a team of criminal mercenaries in battle or fight alone as they draw fire, throw grenades, lay down cover, and go into close combat situations with their own signature moves.
- play the full story with a friend as either Kane or Lynch
I know the story is very emotionally intense, but I don’t want to spoil things. Loved ones play a crucial role in motivating both men and in turn, motivating you through some hard moral choices.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 7th, 2007. You can follow any responses to this entry through the Comments RSS 2.0 feed.